The Next Big Thing
September 10, 2012
I guess my reflexes suck because J. Andrew Jansen just tagged my ass in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop.
As I answer the requisite questions, my .40 cal will be trolling the periphery for the next Blog Hop victims. Consider taking cover.
1. WHAT IS THE WORKING TITLE OF YOUR BOOK? Dead of Eve (Part 1 in the Trilogy of Eve)
2. WHERE DID THE IDEA COME FROM FOR YOUR BOOK? I wanted to test the nature and boundaries of celibacy, so I put a Catholic priest in an apocalyptic setting with the–very complicated and broken–last surviving woman. As the story evolved, however, this became a minor plot point.
3. WHAT GENRE DOES YOUR BOOK FALL UNDER? Sci-Fi Thriller with an erotic squeeze
4. WHICH ACTORS WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY YOUR CHARACTERS IN A MOVIE RENDITION?
Gerard Butler as Father Roark Molony
Takeshi Kaneshiro as Dr. Michio Nealy
Since I based Joel Delina’s character on my husband, he’s the only man fit for the part.
To those who read Dead of Eve, I’d love to hear which actors you pictured playing the main characters.
5. WHAT IS THE ONE-SENTENCE SYNOPSIS OF YOUR BOOK? The future of mankind hinges on the survival of the last living woman.
6. WILL YOUR BOOK BE SELF-PUBLISHED OR REPRESENTED BY AN AGENCY? Self-published. Released HALLOWEEN 2012!
7. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE THE FIRST DRAFT OF YOUR MANUSCRIPT? 6 months (add 2 years to that for revisions)
8. WHAT OTHER BOOKS WOULD YOU COMPARE THIS STORY TO WITHIN YOUR GENRE? After by Varian Krylov. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. The Children of Men by P.D. James. The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
9. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE THIS BOOK? I grew up watching Rambo, the one-man army. Combine that with my love for fierce, sensual heroines, and voila, Evie was born.
10. WHAT ELSE ABOUT YOUR BOOK MIGHT PIQUE THE READER’S INTEREST? Guns. Gore. Sex.
Now, I’m supposed to choose the next five victims, but I’ve got six in my scope (some of these writers need to dig their decomposing blogs out of the grave – don’t make me double tap).
My finger laps the trigger guard. Inhale. Exhale. Squeeze.
8 Replies to “The Next Big Thing”
Oops! Forgot to duck 🙂
Thanks for thinking of me, and good luck with publication, Pam! Talk about an appropriate release date.
argh…..! That’s all I’m going to say!
I ducked but not far enough – now where’s my machine gun…..
Shit! I’m slacking, you got to mine before I got to comment on yours!! You’re on a roll right now spitting out posts left and right. Loved Linda Hamilton as Evie. She was jacked in T2, perfect for the role. That pic of her looks like it came straight out of your novel.
Okay, okay! So I’ve been on vacation and not around the web during this time. Expect a new post soon. I loved the characters you posted for your characters. Although, I think Linda Hamilton might be getting a little old for Evie. If I wasn’t interested in your story, I’d be now. Let’s see. Who could play my characters? Hmmm……
Hey Pam! Nice to see you still giving dues! As you’ve noticed, my blog johnelwood.com is no defunct. I’m working on transitioning. It’s an awkward time for me, as I’m more focused on catching up to you with my debut release of Rail City Chronicles, and after that I’ll get more to the platforming side of things. Right now my web existence is pretty much http://www.johnpfannkuchen.blogspot.com. So–I can’t wait to read the first of the Eve series! I’m also going to buy copies for my family. It’s nice for me to try playing catch up to someone I once considered my kind-of-pupil. I can’t wait to write a review!